Sign in to follow this  
shtoink

Compressorhead: The All Robot Band

I know that this is about as far from leather as one could get, but there are some of you here that enjoy other things, too. I am hoping that you guys enjoy it anyway. I do realize that there are plenty of you that do not enjoy punk or metal, which is the bulk of what these "guys" play, but please do not hold it against them as they are only limited by their programming.

So, CompressorHead is an all robot band, however, it's the first all robot band that I have ever seen that has personality. If you live in Australia, then there might be a higher chance you've already heard of these guys, but nevertheless, they are fun to watch.

It all started with the the drummer, Stickboy, who looks like a prototype of General Grievous and the creator behind it all has been adding to and refining the band since. Fingers and Bones respectively. Fingers has 78 pneumatically actuated fingers and Bones is the newest addition as the bassist. There is technically a 4th robot that hangs out under one of the symbols that bangs his head with the beat, but there is no mention of a name.

The groupies of this band are aptly called Meatbags... To be honest, when I saw the first video, all I could think of was some dank bar in Futurama where Bender would frequent looking for cheap Floozie-bots.

That's pretty cool, will need to look up their videos when I get home. Oh and by the way, from their website:

stickboy junior, the bastard child of an unknown mother takes control of the hihat shuffle. inception date 2007