poolplayer

new from New hampshire

Hi

I haven't done leather work for about 10 years. I still have all my tools and am going to get back into it. I am very excited about doing leatherwork again. I have been playing pool and want to do a pool cue case. I really like tis forum.

Hi and welcome back to leathers and Leatherworker.

This is a nice place with good atmosphere so don't hesitate to ask for anything.

Check up Adamant, he built some really nice cue cases a while ago. I'm tempted too after making a pair of fishing rod tubes this spring.

Lots of work, challenging and fun.

Tom

Jack Justis and John Barton are on this site, and they make some fine pool cue cases. Until I saw Jack's cases, I never realized how much went into a custom case, or for that matter how seriously some people take their cue stick cases.

John Barton

Jack Justis

I grew up in New Hampshire, and I was just telling Froghunter the other day that I was jealous that he got to live there now. I think I remember telling him I hopedhe froze this winter. He can probably help you out getting back into things if you call him at the Tandy store. Glad you're getting back into leather- it's a bug that once you're bitten, you can't shake it. Help yourself to the coffee and the cookies, and welcome to Leatherworker.net.

Johanna

:welcome:

I was going to mention Jack, too, but Johanna beat me to the punch! Between the fellows that have already been mentioned, you have a wealth of knowledge to get you started toward your first pool cue case.

Don't hesitate to ask questions... Someone can always pitch in with some helpful advice.

Regards, -Alex

Hi welcome to the forum, as mensioned there are lots of talented people here that are willing to help out, Don

Thanks for the great welcome. I have been itching to get out the tools and get back into leatherwork. I am doing dragons on my first case(the wife wants one). its a practice one. I'll post pictures

Thanks for the great welcome. I have been itching to get out the tools and get back into leatherwork. I am doing dragons on my first case(the wife wants one). its a practice one. I'll post pictures

If you need any help, feel free to call me at the Boston Tandy store....I'll help anyway I can!!!

Hello Poolplayer,

welcome to this board. As TomSwede mentioned (THX for that, TOM !!!) I also did a cue case not long ago, and I will do hopefully some more in the future. So, if I can help you out, let me know.

And as the other said, John Barton and Jack Justis are real good addresses. Especially John is a really helpfull guy, he helped me a lot in the past.

Cheers,

Marcel