post-17973-077633900 1333500623_thumb.jpNew armitas I just finished for a benefit fundraiser for a nice lady we know who is fighting cancer. I hope they sell well and she fights this cancer off.post-17973-043136200 1333500603_thumb.jp

Really good looking, . . . thanks for the pics.

May God bless,

Dwight

They look really good. One thing right off that I see is that your fringe should be cut at more of an angle so it will fall nicer and so your corner does not have a place with no fringe.

Mark

Thanks for the comments and critique. Mark, do you mean to cut both the side leg fringe and the bottom fringe at a sharper angle, or just one? After wearing awhile, I've not seen it as noticeable in that corner area, also it's more of an issue with the heavier leather like these are made from.

thanks, Tom

I think he means the side leg fringe. So the fringe is already angled towards the ground and it won't have to fight gravity to lay nicely.

I like what you've done I think someone would pay a nice price for those.

Yes your side fringe if cut at a stepper angle will help it hang better for on and then when you make the corner you can make some small wedge cuts to make the corner look fuller with fringe.you will still keep the bottom fringe cut straight down like you have it now.I have been making chaps for 20 years now and have learned this the hard way LOL with many sides wasted. took me some time to get it hanging right to me.

Your work looks great so don't think I am knocking your work just something I have found to help them look better.

Mark

I like the look a lot. Was there a specific pattern you purchased or used? I am looking to start a set of these after successfully finishing three sets of standard chinks. A little more challenging I think. :)

HH

As you go down the leg cutting fringe, change the angle slightly several times with smaller wedge cuts so the switch to straight down at the corner will be slight also.