Sign in to follow this  
rcsaddles

Intro of a sort

I have been on here for over a year now and just think I figured out how to get pictures on. I'm a little slow on some things. I started making saddles in 2004 after attending the Montana Horseman Saddle Building School in Belgrade, MT. I have made seven saddles, being four mule saddles and three horse saddles. I also braid leather and make and braid rawhide.

Here are a few pictures of the last saddle I made. I delivered it last May. I also have a full time job so this is kind of a "hobby job".

Larrysaddle4.jpg

Larrysaddle2.jpg

Larrysaddle1.jpg

As you can see, I am not into carving or stamping, yet. I want to be able to build a very good saddle before I start with the carving although I did go spend four days with Bill Gomer in Kansas last year.

Would love some input for you all so I can keep improving.

Thanks,

Joe

Well howdy Joe

Glad to see you geting more involved here at LW, you already now what I think of your work just wish I had one of your saddles.

Josh

Which tree did you use ?

/ Knut

Edited by oldtimer

I know there has been a lot of controversity about the Ralide trees but the guy wanted a Ralide so after much discussion and throwing out ideas, pros and cons, he still wanted a Ralide so that is what he got. He does no roping or dragging of anything so we are thinking it should work for his application. If you want the number of the tree, you can pm me and I will look it up for you.

This guy puts on many miles in wilderness areas in Montana during the hunting season. He wanted something fairly light to use. I used 10/12 oz leather and round skirts to a little weight. He is a Christian friend of mine that has helped me out a few times so he got what he wanted knowing the problems with a Ralide tree.

This is the third saddle I have made for him. I also made the cinch. It was designed by the saddlemaker I studied under. He used to outfit in the Bob Marshall Wilderness out of Holland Lake here in Montana. He said an animal with cinch sores will actually heal while using this cinch. He used to make and sell them commercially but stopped that a few years back.

Joe ,nice to see your post on here...And it's like someone said."Give the customer what they want".I do not know saddles but looks like it will do the job!I am glad your here keep it goin!