Gregg From Keystone Sewing

New Da 205-370 Or 267-373? Good Luck, They Are Discontinued

Don't shoot the messenger, but direct from Durkopp Adler Pfaff America 205-370 & 267-373, no stock, discontinued model. Just thought I would put that out there as a public service announcement to you all. This is a surprise to us, as well as DAP America.

Kindly note that I do not have any additional information in regards to this, and we do not have either model in stock, nor do we have access to either 205s or 267s models for sale as I type this.

-DAP is using the Pfaff 1245 as replacement for the 267-373

-205-370 replaced with 969-100180 Eco/Classic

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

I knew this was coming. People who wanted a real 205-370, but griped over the $6k price tag, will be in for a real shock when they see how much a new Adler 969 will cost.

As Wiz pointed out, Weaver Leather has the really only remaining stock on Genuine DA 205-370's. They have both the 12" and 16" machines as well as 12" used heads available for rebuilding. I know, because they are rebuilding one of our 205-370's for my place of work as we speak. There may be a few dealers in the US or Canada that have one or 2 left in stock but that is not many. I think Miami Sewing and Michael Simard's in Canada still has a few.

Because the 969 was delayed for almost 14 months, this problem with the discontinuation of the 205-370 should have happened a year ago. Weaver is currently testing one of the first 969 available and I think they are bringing in a few ECO models for the showroom. Prices for the new 969 ECO which has air lift and a 220 volt direct drive motor standard will be $8,500.00. The other version with toys is over $11,500.00. NOT CHEAP!!!. My advise to anyone looking an original 205-370 is do not wait. They are going fast.

Of all the clone 205-370's that I have seen, I think the Cowboy one that Bob Kovar sells is the best. Nice machines. You may want to consider that when looking for a 205. P M me if anyone has further questions.

glenn

I knew this was coming. People who wanted a real 205-370, but griped over the $6k price tag, will be in for a real shock when they see how much a new Adler 969 will cost.

I didn't know they had gotten that cheap, My friend gave &7,500 for his about 30 years ago. It belongs to me now and still works like new.

Really sorry to hear about the 267-373 being discontinued. It's truly a good machine for it's intended use.

VanRhodes,

The machine I would recommend to anyone that was trying to get a 267-373 would be the Pfaff 1245 which is also the Metro Spezial 1245 and the Mauser Special 1245. All three are now made in the same ultra modern plant in China. Chinese made yes, but plant was set up by Germans, workers were trained by Germans and taught to make it like they did in Germany plus most of the machinery in the plant is German made. Still a pretty good machine.

glenn

Shoepatcher: I am certain the Pfaff 1245 is a very capable machine, but owning a 267-373 I do have a special love for this certain type, and I would very much love to get the 267 in its double needle version as well. But I guess I will have to search the used market for this. I find the simplicity, durability and easy service and tuning of this machine type specially appealing for the one-man shop as it lacks all the extra hi-tech stuff you usually find on automatic machines today. Granted those automatic features makes it nice in a factory or sewing line, but I really dont need it and it just adds layers of complexity to the service and maintenance.

VanRhodes,

I have personally had both machines. I had 5 Adler 267-373 machines in Canada at a plant in the late 1980s'. I still have a honey colored 1245. Sewn on both machines extensively. The Pfaff 1245 was smother, would sew heavier and has the best bobbin winder on the marker. Adler bobbin winders on their 267, 268, 269 machines suck! I was always fixing them in Canada. If you want a double needle, look for a used 1246 machine. I believe Miami sewing has a few of them. These were the German machines and are very good.

glenn