Sign in to follow this  
Undeadzombiehunter

Too Much Gun

I love my Singer 45k25, but at time it is just too much, as it struggled with light stuff.

As I decided to make a couple of leather garments and needed something a little lighter, able to sew 1.2mm leather and textiles.

I found a Juki DDl-555 for $100 and 1/2 a tank of gas to pick it up. At the saem time I found a Consew 206RB but for $1500 versus $100, hmmmm let me think.

The Juki has not even been run in, no paint wear and al I needed were some bobbins and I decided to give it an oil change just in case.

Yes, it is textile machine and yes it runs like a belt fed, but is very controllable at slow speed, though I have 45mm pulley on order to replace the 105mm currently installed.

But man it makes a nice stitch, every stitch forever. very nice.

In light garment leather the photos speak for themselves. And this is with standard 100 size textile sharps, as my leather needles are int he post.

The point is, that while NOT a leather machine, it is a bargain professional textile machine that has a lot of offer the light weight leather engineer.

Besides, $100 for the beautifully engineered unused machine could not be passed by.

Tony

post-44268-0-13781800-1380701282_thumb.j

post-44268-0-79702200-1380701006_thumb.jpost-44268-0-38695600-1380701027_thumb.j

Nothing wrong with that Tony. I use sharp point needles in garment leather all the time. I even use a ball point needle sewing deer suede to Lycra equestrian pants. Barrack machines prefer a sharp point as well, which I'm using to tack 2 layers of 4oz. suede. I tend to stray from what many view as hard and fast rules. It's served me well in the last 33 years in apparel manufacturing.

Regards, Eric.

Looks like it stitches just fine. And, call me cheap, but I personally think $1500 is too much for the Consew anyway.

Looks like it stitches just fine. And, call me cheap, but I personally think $1500 is too much for the Consew anyway.

agree!

I´m wondering why you bought the 45K when you want to sew garment leather.

I have never sewn garments before, i usually make pouches, belts, breif cases which is why the 45k, a patcher and hand stitching.

I am. Nothing is not versatile ;-).

Tony