Sign in to follow this  
gicts

critique please!

I've been getting better on my holsters since my first post this summer :spoton: but still could use a little help. I guess a reenforced mouth would have been beneficial, but what else? Any way to continue with the quality of the stitching without having to spend all the time with 2 needles doing a tedious saddle stitch? Any ideas as to how to sell them for more than $30 :dunno: Took it to a local leather store and that was the only critique I could get, sell for more.

img1165ah5.jpg

img1157vh3.jpg

Nice Rock. You've got a good start on the holsters. A few things I see are as follows: The stitching looks really nice. The edges could use a little more even burnishing. The molding of the pistol is not as precise as it could be. I say 'could' because some makers mold and bone the leather until you can just about see the serial #s, some don't bone it at all. Yours looks like a cross between the two- where it's boned, it's incomplete. Also, the stitching needs to follow more closely to the muzzle and dust cover, all the way down. Overall, it's a nice piece, and I personally place function above form. In that area, I'm sure it suffices, but with a few changes like tightening the stitch line to the pistol, it will be more secure in the holster. For the mouth of the holster, it looks like the leather has rolled outward a little; you already know a support band would help.