Johanna

Old Tandy handout

I'm gonna guess that this is an old Tandy handout. This basic stitching can be modified a zillion ways, limited only by imagination. It can be a functional stitch (holding pieces together that may be subject to stress) but is most often used for hiding seams, framing an inlay, creating a pattern and the like. Enjoy!

Johanna

braidapplique.jpg

post-5-1151690302_thumb.jpg

This appears to me to be a variation of what Bruce Grant calls the crocodile ridge braid. His 'encyclopedia' shows it in various flat braids, a button, and more. But, I don't think it's in his book as an applique braid. I like it. ...Dave

this is what B G called spanish edge lacing of twoo loops just to calify just so any one looking knows where to find a different view

Johanna,

That is a photocopy of a page out of the Tandy book "Lacing & Stiching for Leathercraft". It is a current copywrited book they still sell.

Aaron

I'm gonna guess that this is an old Tandy handout. This basic stitching can be modified a zillion ways, limited only by imagination. It can be a functional stitch (holding pieces together that may be subject to stress) but is most often used for hiding seams, framing an inlay, creating a pattern and the like. Enjoy!

Johanna

Thank you for posting this Johanna.