mb5

Round Knife Sheath

I finally got around to making a sheath for my round knife. The thumb break moves a leather block out of the way allowing the sheath to swing off the blade. I think it turned out surprisingly well considering how out of practice I am.

post-5450-0-63515100-1355886264_thumb.jp

post-5450-0-05731900-1355886280_thumb.jp

Always wonder whats up when you see 40 looks and no replys kind of scary ! Well here I am ,first thanks for sharing your work with us . This looks like it will work for awhile not sure the knife wont cut your stitches as it swings out only time will tell on that . Somethings made like this last forever and get more charcter every day . I would use it till its worn out and make another . Best wishes for many productive hours at the bench . Bill

Very nice workmaship.

Like the design! You'll have to update us if the stiching gets cut :) Thanks for sharing!

Bill ~ haven't you figured it out yet?... everyone seems to wait until you post to a thread before they do, I think it has become some sort of tradition ;)

That looks good. I made a couple of them for myself recently, in fact, I guess these two sheaths could be the first real leather working project that I have done in several years. I only recently started setting up a leather working area in my woodworking shop.

post-34211-0-40439300-1356151104_thumb.j

Edited by lwm803

I finally got around to making a sheath for my round knife. The thumb break moves a leather block out of the way allowing the sheath to swing off the blade. I think it turned out surprisingly well considering how out of practice I am.

post-5450-0-63515100-1355886264_thumb.jp

post-5450-0-05731900-1355886280_thumb.jp

Well it appears you have the bases covered . The welt covers my concerns . This should give you lots of great service. Always did have great respect for anyone using a round knife LOL . Seasons greatings and warm regards . Bill

Great idea with the thumb break. I have the same knife...now onto my cutting board.

I like the design a lot. I was looking some time back on what type of sheathes people used on round knives and I didn't have much luck. so here is the design i came up with, It's a clam shell design done in horsehide and rattlesnake.

aa9932e5.jpg

8aface5f.jpg

[3be9d693.jpg

Edited by Chef niloc