Sign in to follow this  
ekoppes

Show Off

Hi from the Rockin' K Ranch. I have been a member for a long time and have always loved others posts but never participated...well I waited long enough. I have been making chaps and chinks for a couple years now and thought I would share some of my latest work. I have a long background as a seamstress so sewing and fitting chaps and chinks has been easy for me. I am being patient as my tooling and carving skills improve. Something I have noticed about fitting larger ladies (of which I am one), I find that if the leg plate is closer to the edge (more room for the thigh without cutting up a huge piece of leather) it allows the leg to naturally pull outwards when in the saddle (they will drap forward when standing) and putting the leg plate up to about at the bend of the hip...this more comfortable for the ladies (get the rise measurement right) and allows the chinks to hang better in the saddle without creating that unsightly gapping. Also keep the front buckle as low as possible. I hope these tips help out the full size cowgirl. I haven't figured this out for full sized cowboys yet..

012.JPG

White_Chinks(5).JPG

Black_Chaps (2).JPG

post-7933-126417130915_thumb.jpg

post-7933-126417153225_thumb.jpg

post-7933-126417155034_thumb.jpg

That's some really nice work. Thanks for posting your pics, and I hope to see more soon!