TN leather

I Was Given A Free Machine.....will It Work For Leather?

A friend of mine who does not sew was getting rid of an old Morse zig-zag 4300 fotomatic and ask if I wanted (for free) to try on leather. I took it. It appears to be 1960's model machine, and IS VERY SOILD. everything appears to be heavy duty ( almost industrial) metal parts. I cleaned it up, oiled it and it works great with fabric ; plus it had everything with it.( right down to the light bulb, and manual)

That is about as far as my knowledge goes.

I am trying to read up on things here and elsewhere (on the machine in general) but I am hoping to get a quick answer if I am wasting my time. I know I need leather needles, but thread types, compound feeds, walking feet are a greek to me. I am hoping to use it on 4oz or less leather for bags etc. (normally stone oiled)

Edited by TN leather

It depends on the type of feed system the machine uses. If it is only driven by the feed dogs, you'll need to change the pressor foot to either a roller or nylon foot.

How do I check this? where would I find and after market roller or nylon foot?

How do I check this? where would I find and after market roller or nylon foot?

Contact me by PM and I will find a compatible foot for your machine, from one of my suppliers.