rdb

Anyone use Skype?

I've been using free Skype a long while. I talk to my family up North all the time. I get to see all the new young folk coming up, and see how old we all really are...lol.

The video is good sometimes. Sometimes it's grainy, and locks up..just a matter of the backwards bandwidth here in the USA...number 1, my ass.

But all, and all, it's real nice to see people in person. And you can conference in up to 9 people. That could be fun for us...imagine seeing and hearing us together. Saddlers talking to saddlers, bike makers, etc.

Since I started up as a business again, I even signed up for their small subscription pay package (like $3 a month). It gives me free calls from my computer to any land line or cellphone, which I can't get from my local phone service. It actally saves me about $20 a month with this. I just make the calls from my computer, talk over my microphone, and listen through my speakers. It sounds better than speaker phone on the the land line. With a little firefox extension, it adds phone numbers online into a link that starts calling them through skype. One click and I'm talking to that phone number

Anyways, just checking in with this thought. And, if anyone wants to try conferencing in sometime, let us know.

Links:

http://www.skype.com

search "meagert" on skype for me, but I have it limited to friends in my contact list. if you wanted to be added to my list, let me know by PM

I tried it a long time ago. Now I have cable Internet phone service, which has free long distance around U.S. Puerto Rico , and Canada. Inexpensive minute rates around the world. My service is Vonage.

Skype is set up on my laptop right now. I'll have to find my headset and call you up to see how the Edge Ink is coming along.

Ed

okay. for the next hour or so, I've opened up my skype to everyone...sheesh, this could be dangerous...lol.

After we're done playing, for privacy, etc, I'm turning just contact list back on. So swap IDs for contact lists, and we should be good to go.

I've got to make a suppliers call at 11am here so after that I'm open.

Okay, called Easy Brackets using skype,. they tell me they shipped, and I should be getting it tomorrow...woohoo! Those saddlebags are going on this weekend. What a relief. The customer's big trip/rally is on Wednesday...shipment none too soon. I had visions of 5am install before their ride...

Ed, you are listed on skype as esantoro, but apparently you ain't online yet.

I'm calling an early lunch here to play with this, so any takers, here we are.

Alright, I just spent an hour talking here, time to get back to work. I've reset my skype to contacts only. Just skype "meagert" on skype, and it will ask me if I want to add you to my contact list.

If you have web cams, it's all that much better.

Remember during the work day to have a little fun!