Sign in to follow this  
Doug Mclean

Fast Buckle

These buckles are one piece with two horizontal pins for adjustment. They were designed for a 3" stirrup leather on a Western saddle. One of my customers purchased some of these out an ad placed in the Western Horseman magazine in 2005. He would like to have them put on a new saddle that I am building for him and we are having trouble finding a source.

Doug,

The Fast Buckles are on the left side of the picture. The top post is a hook and the bottom is straight. The Superior buckle is one the right of the picture and both pins are straight. I am pretty sure the ad as I recall was for the Fast Buckles. The Superiors have been around by another name (Kreager) since before Blevins I recall. I answered this on your other thread, but the Fast Buckles are not commercially available anymore. The Superiors are still available.

IMG_0015__Small_.jpg

post-29-1200173719_thumb.jpg

I've never seen anything like that. Do, or should is say, did they work well?

ArtS

Art,

We actually have a couple threads going on these buckles right now. I replied about I use them in the "Hardware&Accessories" section under "Need Saddle Hardware quickchange buckles". Probably a moderater with more technical skills than me should merge these posts and move them to the "saddle section". I'll get a lesson on that and try it. Johanna tells me I can't break anything, but I do actually have a broken bench anvil I could post a picture of.

Doug, the Fast buckle was the brain child of an old freind of mine, (and Bruce too), Mr. Ben Veach. The Veach family goes back a long way in the saddle business. Monroe Veach (Ben's dad) shipped a sizeable number of saddles from his Trenton, MO shop..

But I digress....While Bruce is correct, that the Fast Buckles are no longer generally available, I just happen to have a 3" set sitting on my desk as I write this and if they would be of any help to you I would be very glad to get them to you. My email is pfl@cebridge.net

Paul

Doug, the Fast buckle was the brain child of an old freind of mine, (and Bruce too), Mr. Ben Veach. The Veach family goes back a long way in the saddle business. Monroe Veach (Ben's dad) shipped a sizeable number of saddles from his Trenton, MO shop..

But I digress....While Bruce is correct, that the Fast Buckles are no longer generally available, I just happen to have a 3" set sitting on my desk as I write this and if they would be of any help to you I would be very glad to get them to you. My email is pfl@cebridge.net

Paul

I appreciate that very much let me know how much and I will send you the money for the buckles and shipping.

DMac

Doug, my mailing address is at the bottom of this post in blue.. Priority mailing will run about $6.00 and you can have the buckles with my compliments. I will be needing an address to mail them to.

Paul

And that folks, is why this forum and the people on it ROCK!

And that folks, is why this forum and the people on it ROCK!

Selfless.... Very cool....

My tinfoil hat is off to you, very kind jesture.

Don't ya just love this place and the people that hang out here?

Ken

I appreciate that very much let me know how much and I will send you the money for the buckles and shipping.

DMac

The buckles are on the way to Montana via Priority Mail as of a few minutes ago.

Paul

Edited by sheathmaker