Sign in to follow this  
Mijo

Pet Collar Loop Supplier

I thought i would post this here since there were a number of threads in this subform looking for these type of collar loops, http://www.pethardware.com/en/fittings/collar-loop-1172/. CDWplus offers something very similar except the female end is not threaded, you have to tap it yourself. I'd order these ones from pethardware but when i contacted the company they stated that they only come nickle plated, which won't match the all brass hardware that I use. I really like that the spilt ring is already included with pethardware's collar loop.

This company has many fine looking items. You do realize they are in the Czech Republic?

ferg

I thought i would post this here since there were a number of threads in this subform looking for these type of collar loops, http://www.pethardwa...llar-loop-1172/. CDWplus offers something very similar except the female end is not threaded, you have to tap it yourself. I'd order these ones from pethardware but when i contacted the company they stated that they only come nickle plated, which won't match the all brass hardware that I use. I really like that the spilt ring is already included with pethardware's collar loop.

This company has many fine looking items. You do realize they are in the Czech Republic?

ferg

Yes, and that's one of the drawbacks. I inquired as to whether they had a distributor in the US and currently they don't. But they are one of the only vendors I've been able to find that carries the herm sprenger type scissor snaps, but they don't offer them in a brass finish. I'm sure shipping isn't going to be cheap if you order from them, but they do offer somethings I haven't been able to find domestically.

I doubt you'll find solid brass in Herm Sprenger's line. The closest is Curogan and I don't think they offer scissor snaps in that. Stainless steel looks to be the only option.

When I bought some a couple of years ago, the only US dealer was a falconer - Pineo Falconry. They're pricey though.

As far as other suppliers for brass hardware, Ohio Travel Bag has the best collection. I still use CDW for the vast majority of my dog-related work.

I doubt you'll find solid brass in Herm Sprenger's line. The closest is Curogan and I don't think they offer scissor snaps in that. Stainless steel looks to be the only option.

When I bought some a couple of years ago, the only US dealer was a falconer - Pineo Falconry. They're pricey though.

As far as other suppliers for brass hardware, Ohio Travel Bag has the best collection. I still use CDW for the vast majority of my dog-related work.

I've been ordering my herm sprenger scissor snaps from henssgen hardware corps (their website is currently down otherwise I'd include the link), and they offer them in a brass finish (but it's not solid brass). According to Herm Sprenger's website, henssgen hardware corps, is one of the only distributors in the US. I checked pineo falconry's website, just to compare the cost, and henssgen's scissor snaps are a few dollars less per snap (which is still considerably more than just trigger or bolt snaps). Thanks for letting me know about pineo falconry, I can use them as a back up if I'm in a bind. I've had to wait a couple of times on henssgen b/c they didn't have the scissor snaps in stock.

I haven't ordered anything from Ohio Travel Bag yet, as I only recently found them after joining this forum group.