CustomDoug

Lost My Thumbscrew, Need Replacement

I've lost the thumbscrew that stops the revolving head (of my Singer 29k60) from spinning. So now it obviously won't lock down where I want it. Since it's such a small (kind of insignificant) item, I was thinking I might be a able to source something local that would work (probably non-thumbscrew). Does anyone know the thread count/pitch and length of this bolt? (I notice that it needs to be longer than any of the other thumbscrews on the machine). Or is the thread count/pitch going to pretty much be sewing machine specific, if not Singer specific? Thanks in advance. ~ Doug

I got mine from Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. They have just about every part made for Singer and Adler patchers. I imagine that other dealers may have them also.

Yea, I PM'd Bob last night and haven't heard back from him but honestly I hate to even bother him with such a small item unless it's absolutely necessary.. it's might be a hassle for not much profit for him, plus shipping. Do you know the specs of the bolt?

Doug, I;ll check & let you know tomorrow if I have one.

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Contact Pilgrim shoe and sewing machine company, they have all parts in stock. Great prices, excellent service, and quick.

Thanks for the tip jrodz - turns out they were a bit more expensive on this screw than Bob was at Toledo Industrial so I went ahead and got one from him.