Striker1

I know this question has been asked a million times...

I know this has been asked alot of times and alot of different ways but could someone give me a rough idea of the framework you all use to charge for your work?

Using guitar straps as an example, what should I charge for what? Tooling, design, lacing etc?

I don't want to underrcut everyone else but I don't want to give the stuff away either. I'm out of practice but I DO do good work. Any rough ideas?

Pricing your work is tough. But here's what I do. Figure what it costs you to make it, material, parts, supplies. Then mark it up a certain percentage to cover your overhead. Then, figure how long it takes to make it and decide what your time is worth to you. Add it all up and that's your asking price.......

Now, your "gettin'" price might be somewhat less depending on the market.

Pricing your work is tough. But here's what I do. Figure what it costs you to make it, material, parts, supplies. Then mark it up a certain percentage to cover your overhead. Then, figure how long it takes to make it and decide what your time is worth to you. Add it all up and that's your asking price.......

Now, your "gettin'" price might be somewhat less depending on the market.

Can I get personal and ask your hourly rate for carving, etc? If you'd like to keep it private, you can PM me. Thanks Curt.

I'm not trying to pry but it looks like I'll have an order via Craigs List shortly.

Whatever you decide to charge, get a deposit that will cover your materials. That way you're not out of pocket if they flake out on you.

I figure $25-$35 per flower for my floral carving. That includes the time to develope the pattern.