Sign in to follow this  
brathair

Calvary Holster Pre-Wwi

Hi all,

I am looking for any information I can find on 1900-1913 U.S. Calvary Officer gun leather. I have a client who is looking to have a rig made for Wild Bunch shooting. The costume he is putting together if for a Calvary Officer of the above time period. He has already ordered some of the Wild bunch specific rigs and wants to get something more period correct. I have a copy of Packing Iron unfortunately it only covers up to just before this transitional period. I have done a few internet searches as well but am still not finding the information I am looking for. Any guidance, pictures, patterns, links, etc. that anyone could offer would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. I will of course be asking the client all of this and more but I want to do my homework before our phone call this week.

Thanks for the link. I will give it a look.

do a look through here and what you don't find ask - some of the best military re-enactor/historians hang their hat there...

http://www.cascity.c...board,99.0.html