wildrose

Bad bedside manners

My husband was at our chiropractor's office today. He knew he'd been overbilled, and was confronting the secretary about it. She was on the clueless side, so he spoke with the doctor and got it straightened out. All in a calm fashion. Well, as he was leaving, he saw a post-it note on his chart, which had been left open, which read "patient refuses to pay. WTF???" That got him steamed - and I was steamed too. Not for the first part, which was a bit rude, but to infer "what the ######" about it, was totally uncalled for. He says he's going to talk to them next time about it, but I think he'll likely just let it go.

Anyone else have bad office/dr stories to share?

I work in a hospital, I cover every department too so I have plenty of interesting stories =P

Probably don't want me to share many though.

My grandmother tried to bite a (male) nurse who was at her bedside in her final days because he was black...yeah, she was really bad that way!

The note on HER chart was not very nice!

Yeah we have to watch ourselves around alot of people. Unfortunately the best people can go completely backwards at the most unexpected times. One minute you're testing some nice old lady, you turn around and the next time you look at her she's throwing things better left unsaid at you.

Just at the ER last night and had a great experience, for going to the hospital, you know. That is up to time to discharge me. I never saw the doc. The nurse was in and out in less than 90 seconds before sending me out in a wheelchair via orderly. They took no medication history and gave me a scrip from a med that I know doesn't play nicely with my regular meds. I didn't sign out and got no release counseling for my injury. Needless to say I was less than thrilled with that episode. However, the folks up to that point (PA, ultra sound and x-ray tech, guy that wheels you from point A to point B, what ever his title, etc.) were all great.