Jdbfish

Consew 230 Vs Singer 31:-15

Need opiniong and advice on both. I have an opportunity to pick up a consew 230 ( may need timing adjusted some?) but not sure what it will do leather wise. My 31-15 does ok but wish it had reverse and some more modern features. I am wanting to retire her, she's been at it since1901 and still gets it done! Anyway, hopefully someone with some knowledge can help me out here on the features and capability of the 230.....

Do to the rotary hook design in the Consew 230 it won't sew the heaver threads & thickness as the 31-15 will.

The 31's are a great workhorse of a machine no matter how old it is you can still buy parts for them.

The Consews rotay hook makes it a higher speed machine like 4000 stitches per min great for sewing thin stuff like shirts,drapes & etc.

Bob

You will always be limited by the design itself as it isn't a matter of speed.

Pretty much all heavy thread machines are oscillating hook from the Singer 42-5 up to the Juki 441. Rotating hooks work great at high speed but have many limitations.