I sucked it up and bought some American alligator. I put some to the test on this 1911 rig. Wow, looks better on the holster than it did on the beast!

Fun stuff!

post-13859-075149600 1307064623_thumb.jp

That looks really slick. Where did you get the gator? Looks a lot smoother than I would have imagined.

Nice holster. You've come a long way.

I sucked it up and bought some American alligator. I put some to the test on this 1911 rig. Wow, looks better on the holster than it did on the beast!

Fun stuff!

That looks really slick. Where did you get the gator? Looks a lot smoother than I would have imagined.

Private party harvested this 11ft gator in TX on a guided hunt. I bought it and a tan colored 7ft from the same hunter. He tanned the hides and never did anything with them until he sold them to me. Now they will become holsters.

Nice holster. You've come a long way.

Thanks Denster. All your encouraging words and the rest practice!

It's smoother due to it being a belly cut, back cuts have all the horns and the problems of dealing with them.Bellies are much easier to work with, so naturally I get more requests for heavily horned back cuts.The holster is nicely done.Dave

I get my Gator from here

Ostrich Market