Phatdaddy

Some More Interesting Things.

Here are some more of the items i've recently picked up. Some of which I've never seen before.

post-17334-018465400 1313886410_thumb.jp

post-17334-034779800 1313886418_thumb.jp

post-17334-021658700 1313886429_thumb.jp

post-17334-091518400 1313886442_thumb.jp

post-17334-084147000 1313886455_thumb.jp

post-17334-020411600 1313886482_thumb.jp

post-17334-076014800 1313886488_thumb.jp

post-17334-099579200 1313886501_thumb.jp

post-17334-061897900 1313886519_thumb.jp

You hit the mother load with this. I have the Ken Griffin book.

ferg

Here are some more of the items i've recently picked up. Some of which I've never seen before.

Ya it was a mother load alright. That is probably close to half of it. I wouldn't be surprised if every issue of Make it with Leather and Leather Craftsman magazines are here, a stack of doodle pages 3 inches thick, a number of unused kits, huge stack of pattern packs and the largest rubbermaid container i've ever seen full of various buckskin and lace.

I've got to know, where in the world did you find all this? Don't have to answer that of course. LOL

ferg

Ya it was a mother load alright. That is probably close to half of it. I wouldn't be surprised if every issue of Make it with Leather and Leather Craftsman magazines are here, a stack of doodle pages 3 inches thick, a number of unused kits, huge stack of pattern packs and the largest rubbermaid container i've ever seen full of various buckskin and lace.

Wow what a find, I'd love to get my hands on that many old Make it with leather mags.

Clair

oooh...looks like somebody hit an auction. thats a serious haul!

Thank you all for looking, it was a very fortunate find. The story is bitter-sweet. I regularly do a search for "leather tools" "leather stamp" "leather craft" etc. for local ads on classified sites, very rarely anything comes up. Last week to my surprise I got a local hit, it only read "leathercraft items for sale" so I responded. Then a short time later I got a reply with 7 attachments, which were itemized lists. I was at work and couldn't view the lists on my phone well so I waited until I got home. Once I actually got to review the lists, I immediately asked what the asking price was. I waited a day and no response so I called. During this call I learned that these items belonged to the woman's husband who had passed away 5 year prior. She went on to explain that she wasn't (mentally) able to part with them before, but now she was going to be moving to a smaller apartment and wasn't able to store them any longer. She told me that she had no idea he had so much stuff until she had to sort through it all after his passing. (I immediately related to that, as I'm sure my wife doesn't either)

Long story short, we had a great chat, I gave her the asking price, and I believe we were both very happy the items were going where they were. Aside from the few tools that were in the stuff that I received, I believe his tools went to someone he had known.

Kevin

Wow what a find, I'd love to get my hands on that many old Make it with leather mags.

Clair

The best part about them as they are all safely tucked into acid free magazine sleeves and all are in very good condition and each still have the pullouts.