rodeomic

Sewing Machine

Not sure this is the right forum for this, but----I have been eye balling the Tippmann Boss sewing machine for quite sometime. Anything, good or bad you might be willing to share will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Not sure this is the right forum for this, but----I have been eye balling the Tippmann Boss sewing machine for quite sometime. Anything, good or bad you might be willing to share will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

There are many threads here on the boss. Just do a search for Tipmann Boss....

FWIW, I have one that I purchased that was a demo & we had lots of trouble with it. Mr. Tippmann personally had me ship it back & it was totally gone over- broken & bent parts were replaced- I love it now :party26: - works like a dream :notworthy: . Their customer service is superb! :thumbsup:

For the small amount of machine stitching we do, it fills the bill admirably. Yeah, an electric would be nice, (& maybe sometime in the future), but for $1000 less, you can't beat the Boss, IMO, [plus there are many that show up on ebay for $$$ less than retail.].

Edited by whinewine

Not sure this is the right forum for this, but----I have been eye balling the Tippmann Boss sewing machine for quite sometime. Anything, g ood or bad you might be willing to share will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

There are a lots of reasons that people do what they do. The same holds true with there purchases. Some purchases are knee jerk, got to have, with no information. Some do there homework and weigh their findings. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of GOOD information on this site. And I read all that pertains and then some.:blahblahblah:

Now to your question.................. I bought the "Boss" and I like it so far, knowing that it has limitations as everything dose. Please look at the cost of learning curves.................. I do! I recommend by all means listen to everyones pros and conns then call Boss and make your decision. Thats my $ .02. If you need more info. PM me. I hope this helps.

Edited by Barbed Wire Leather

rodeomic,

You may want to check out the discussion in the "Fabrication" section in the subsections: "Sewing Leather" and "Leather Sewing Machines".

BillB

I love my Boss, but I wish it had a larger throat capacity, and now I'm dreaming of a powered machine because there are times when you really need two hands to hold the item you're sewing. That being said, the Boss has been a great machine for me - it's small, portable, and can be clamped down just about anywhere!

Will do! Thanks Bill.

Roger

rodeomic,

You may want to check out the discussion in the "Fabrication" section in the subsections: "Sewing Leather" and "Leather Sewing Machines".

BillB

For specific things, I REALLY like my boss, but the throat depth does create some limitations. That is not a complaint, merely an observation. +1 Particle's answer, as everything that the Boss can do it does very well. Having it has dramatically sped up production times for most items I make, and having a portable base (made it) means that it can be set up on a table, counter, etc. I suspect that even with the long arm powered stitchers, there's STILL some things that need to be hand sewn. Knowing the machine's limitation of throat depth just means that I have to lay things out differently.

Take a look at my products on www.dwightsgunleather.com and www.m14magbag.com , . . . everything there (best I remember) was done on my Tippmann Boss.

And their service is second to none, . . .

I am extremely happy with mine, . . . but I would not buy a used one off Ebay. The prices they are getting for one someone did not want, . . . just doesn't warrant missing a brand new one for a few bucks more.

May God bless,

Dwight