Chief31794

My Latest Projects And Shop Area

I am posting some pictures of my shop area and my two latest projects. I have one more of these to make which I'm starting tomorrow.

Love this site.

Ken

post-6362-069146300 1284264967_thumb.jpg

post-6362-003371800 1284264969_thumb.jpg

post-6362-005280900 1284264970_thumb.jpg

post-6362-011133100 1284264971_thumb.jpg

post-6362-016115300 1284264972_thumb.jpg

post-6362-029837700 1284264973_thumb.jpg

post-6362-046306000 1284264974_thumb.jpg

post-6362-099765200 1284264975_thumb.jpg

post-6362-033583300 1284264977_thumb.jpg

Nice & well organized shop space! That gives me some ideas of what to do with the space I have.

I am just a novice leather worker, but I know what I like and I

like your "projects". I would be Very Proud to have one of those on my arm! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like some very nice work, and from the looks of your shop you take pride in what you do there, nice and clean. You even have air conditioner. It shows in your work your pride, and care towards detail. :clapping:

Nice shop, wish I had the place to work like you.

Got a corner of the kitchen table:wacko: .

Love the bag .

Thanks All, very nice remarks. I have a long way to go in the carving arena, I have been double lace stitching for decades and pretty much have it down I think. I have done quite a bit of carving, but not this floral style too much and most of my previous work had been stamping. I am a musician and I make a lot of custom guitar, banjo, and dobro straps. I've started hand carving them lately and will post some pictures of my next strap. Some of my straps are all over the world including one "Pro" in Nashville wearing a custom strap I made for his slide guitar.

As to your comments:

LNLeather - I looked at your gallery. If you really like the purse, make you one, you're very talented and nothing is more satisfying than wearing something you've made yourself.

ACOS4T4 - Thanks for the comments, as to the air conditioner, I live in Southwest Georgia (about 45 miles from the Florida line in a small town called Tifton. A air conditioner is a necessity. We only have two seasons; Dog Hot Summer and Christmas Day.

JOQUARTER - I started on a kitchen table in Germany many, many, many (oh shoot, I'm old) years ago. Left the craft for about 10 years and have started back in the past 10 years. The place where you work doesn't determine the level of fun nor the quality of the craft, so enjoy your kitchen table for now. I had many years of pure bliss pounding on a kitchen table.

Thanks,

Ken

Thanks All, very nice remarks. I have a long way to go in the carving arena, I have been double lace stitching for decades and pretty much have it down I think. I have done quite a bit of carving, but not this floral style too much and most of my previous work had been stamping. I am a musician and I make a lot of custom guitar, banjo, and dobro straps. I've started hand carving them lately and will post some pictures of my next strap. Some of my straps are all over the world including one "Pro" in Nashville wearing a custom strap I made for his slide guitar.

As to your comments:

LNLeather - I looked at your gallery. If you really like the purse, make you one, you're very talented and nothing is more satisfying than wearing something you've made yourself.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken

Thanks for your kind remarks and I'd love to see more of your work. I hope you have pictures of your guitar straps.

You are lucky to be a musician :thumbsup: I just love old country and bluegrass. I never was able to pick it up, but I am an avid listener! I have a lot of friends that play music and There is nothin better than watchin and listenin' to that kind of music - unless you can play an instrument yourself, of course!

I Really like your style & finish and you have given me incentive to work on my first purse. But, If I change my mind...... heheh, I will definitely let you know.

BTW - I really like your new "caveman" Pic... I suppose you are taken? The Really Cute ones.... usually are! (not) Heheheh

(just kidding of course)

Oh, and I know you are right. I also have a cleaning business, and have sold things to some of my customers. I just love to see my leatherwork out and being used.

Thanks

Edited by LNLeather

You must be an organized person, Ken, because your work area is so neat.

I keep promising to make a purse for myself, but it hasn't happened yet.

Ann,

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm not that neat, I had just cleaned the shop getting ready to start a new project. Actually I do keep everything in it's place most of the time, I can't stand for a tool not to be where it's supposed to be.

Ken