BearMan

HomeMade Mini Round Knife

Hi All,

I've always liked making my own tool, especially the "different" kind. Does that make me Frugal,,,, or Cheap!!?? hehehe It's made out of a Fiskars 65mm rotary razor blade, and Lacewood. Soooo far it works pretty good. :o) Take Care,,,, Ed

Mini_Round_Knife22.jpg

post-7175-1220220707_thumb.jpg

I am SO glad other people have had this idea. I'm still playing with the attachment of the handle with mine, though. How much tang did you leave on yours?

I know a teenage boy who made a knife like this, only he didn't have the fancy handle. His rotary blade broke, and he wanted to make use of it because it was still sharp. Do you have a way to change the blade on that beautiful handle? It looks like the handle would out live the blade. Wonderful idea!

Kathy

I guess there was about an inch left after doing the grinding & shaping, and as wide as the handle. Being as thin as it is, it will have some wiggle if pressed hard,,,, luckily, it's soooo sharp, no real pressure is needed!

Hi All,I've always liked making my own tool, especially the "different" kind. Does that make me Frugal,,,, or Cheap!!?? hehehe It's made out of a Fiskars 65mm rotary razor blade, and Lacewood. Soooo far it works pretty good. :o ) Take Care,,,, Ed
Hi Kathy, No, I didn't make it replaceable,,, I make alot of knives,,, sooo if it breaks, I'll just make another... Prob better & improved,,, :innocent:
I am SO glad other people have had this idea. I'm still playing with the attachment of the handle with mine, though. How much tang did you leave on yours?

Hi All,

I've always liked making my own tool, especially the "different" kind. Does that make me Frugal,,,, or Cheap!!?? hehehe It's made out of a Fiskars 65mm rotary razor blade, and Lacewood. Soooo far it works pretty good. :o) Take Care,,,, Ed

Well done dude you work is OUTSTANDING!! your not cheeap just bloody creative!!!!

My Goodness Tat2,,,

I'd almost forgotten about this post, from 2 years ago. Thanks for all your kind words. That little knife has held up better than I thought. It's still going strong. If I was going to make one again,,, I'd make the handle a bit longer, & thinner except where it holds the blade. Thanks again ,,, Ed the"BearMan"