Tracym

2 Prong Lacing Needles

When I ordered more lacing needles, and they arrived, I discovered that unfortunately Springfield has switched from the Osborne needles to the much lower quality imo Tandy ones. I hate 'em. Any idea who sells the Osborne lacing needles?

I do not have a direct answer to your question, but I would suggest you try the needles with a hole in them and one prong. The lace goes through the hole and is held by the prong. They are at least 10 times stronger in lace retention.

Aaron

Thanks. I'm taking them on and off the strands a lot, doing knots. So the Osborne ones worked pretty well. To answer my own question, sort of - Osborne sells them directly but you have to buy a pack of $100. I just googled around and found some at some sewing place finally.

By the way, Springfield was very nice to me. Osborne was just not keeping up with the quantity Springfield needed they said. They're looking into perhaps having some better ones made. So no fault of theirs, I just prefer the Osborne needles - so do they, but hey, if they can't get enough to keep them in stock they have to do something.