Sign in to follow this  
wolvenstien

redo my seat, passenger seat, and both back rests

I am looking to redo my seat, passenger seat, and both back rests on my motorcycle. I have been dragon my feet on this because I am not an artist and do not have the creative ability to come up with a cool theme. I want it all to be the same, and to be something I will be happy to have on my bike and not want to hide it when i go out and other riders see it... LOL... I have a nice carving of a dragons head (that I stole from another leather guy, thanks Mike) and am thinking I would like to make the theme to be dragons. Have four different dragons one on the main seat, one matching but different on the main back rest, and another on the passenger seat with matching scene/or whatever on the passenger back rest.

If you are interested in drawing up some dragons for me to carve on my bike leather, let me know. We can work something out, and if you need measurements for the areas that i want to carve, I can provide them as well.

Thanks

Mike

Or Wolves... I can always redo the tank bib to have a wolf on it...

Hey Mike

How about posting some simple dimensions for the seats,maybe a sketch, doesn't have to be exact. You can juggle the positions, sizes, after you get some ideas.

Jim

i found this one

038.jpg

post-5134-1195335261_thumb.jpg

Hey Wolvie

Another thought, go to deviant art and search dragons, there are thousands www.deviantart.com

Jim

There is a site for wood carving patterns designed by Lora Irish called 'Classic Carving Patterns' (www.carvingpatterns.com). Lora has developed many patterns of many different things including dragons (Asian and Western). They must be purchased, but under the purchase agreement the patterns may be used and products sold as long as the patterns themselves are not sold (I hope that makes sense -- the terms of use are listed near the bottom of each web page). The site is a great resource and is worth checking out for anyone in need of a variety of patterns.

Sorry guys, I guess I didnt explain myself well enough. I am not looking for existing art. I am funny about existing art on my person, and on personal things. Not to say that these places you guys have posted do not have some cool art, they do. However, I am looking for a theme of art all in the same hand and done with the intention of being created to be carved onto my bike.

I will get a few pix of my seats and the back rests and post em along with measurements abit later today or this evening. I have another thread for a briefcase that i need to post pix in too but my wife has had the camera at work so i havent been able to make any pix... I made her bring it home this weekend and I will make these pix today.

I have a cd filled with non copywrite tiffs, and such....mostly old medieval, and chinese drawings....but I came across this one... I really liked it, and it looked like it would go good on leather.

dragon.jpg

post-5140-1195410409_thumb.jpg

can we get this thread moved to a section that does not require mod approval for every post? It is very hard to converse when you have to wait for your post to be approved and you dont know if there are other posts also waiting to be approved that cover what you have just posted or what...

Thanks

See David.. thats pretty sweet...

Ok, wife brought the camera home today... now for some pix and measurements...

ok, here are pix....

magna_seat_001.jpg

magna_seat_002.jpg

magna_seat_003.jpg

magna_seat_004.jpg

magna_seat_005.jpg

magna_seat_006.jpg

magna_seat_007.jpg

I dont have the specs on the drivers back rest... I ordered it, and asked them not to sew up the cover so i could use it as a pattern, and I just opened the box and have no clue what what is.... I have to call then and get a sewn up cover to match all these peices up with and then i will know what is what... I am guessing it is the peice that is about 10x10 inch...

post-834-1195517873_thumb.jpg

post-834-1195517903_thumb.jpg

post-834-1195517913_thumb.jpg

post-834-1195517932_thumb.jpg

post-834-1195517949_thumb.jpg

post-834-1195517960_thumb.jpg

post-834-1195517969_thumb.jpg

There's a lot of room on that backrest, and as people look, it will be the focal point. It's gonna be awesome.

Ok, I have a drivers backrest cover on its way so once it gets here I will be able to get pix of it.

Anyone want to help me out with original art meant specifically for my bike?

i found this one

This is the one I have on my tank bib... Like I said... I stole it (with permission) for another leather guy who used it for gauntlets.... I didnt realize he got it from the net or elsewhere.... I thought he drew it....

Lots of working room. But what's your basic concept, since it is your bike. I see maybe a large scene, dragons/wolves lair on the back with dragons/wolves coming to front to meet the fearless knight/woodsman. All pieces add up to the whole. That sorta what you have in mind? Not just 4 seperate dragon/wolf pics.

JIM

Edited by SmilinJim

Yeah, something like that Jim. I am cursed with the lack of creative thought when it comes to stuff like this... I cannot imagine it until I see it... But that is kind of what I am looking for, not a bunch of pix put together, but a few that all go together....

I can draw a bit, how about posting the seat you want to match?

All pix are above...

Here is the the pic that was posted that I already have on my tank bib.

038.jpg

And here is a pic of it on my Bib....

042_Motorcycle.jpg

post-834-1196114418_thumb.jpg

Thank you Oscar, but i am looking for original art to put on my seats and backrests that all go together, a kind of theme type thing... not several pieces that are jumbled together.... the one on my bib will be replaced as well...