Sign in to follow this  
Randy Cornelius

Need elastic for English girths

I have had several of the hunter jumper or english style saddle girths dropped off to repair and those of you in the know with english equipment they have heavy elastic on the ends of the girth. I have been looking around and cannot find a supplier in the books. Have not went on the net yet as not sure what to call the elastic. It's about 1 1/2 inch wide. Anyone who knows a supplier who will sell by the yard not the 100 foot roll let me know.

Randy

I have had several of the hunter jumper or english style saddle girths dropped off to repair and those of you in the know with english equipment they have heavy elastic on the ends of the girth. I have been looking around and cannot find a supplier in the books. Have not went on the net yet as not sure what to call the elastic. It's about 1 1/2 inch wide. Anyone who knows a supplier who will sell by the yard not the 100 foot roll let me know.

Randy

Weaver leather carries the elastic your looking for. Unfortunately you have to buy a roll. I ran into the same problem needing only a few feet to do a couple repair jobs. After looking to buy only what I needed, with no luck, I just finally invested in the roll from weaver leather. I have a whole roll that I use more than I thought I would. Now that I have it we are doing a few more english repairs in the shop. Is it worth buying the whole roll? Maybe not, but it is nice being able to make those repairs happen...they are easy money.

If you do need just a bit to get your jobs done let me know.

Good luck.

Don

Can you email me off list. Could you sell me a yard of it until I see if the English repairs become more frequent. Let me know what you want for it. Weaver only has a 30 yard roll. Big investment for a few repairs.

Corneliusaddlery@yahoo.com

Thanks

Randy

I bought a roll from Weaver quite a while back when I needed just a little bit,(but I really needed it). It's 1 1/4 inch wide. I'll be glad to let any of you who need it have some in samll quantity until it's gone. Sell at Weaver current price Roll total Feet divided by total price to arrive at foot price plus postage. Email or call. Info below in sig line.

pfl@cebridge.net

Edited by sheathmaker