fred rowe

Southeast Ohio Knife Maker Says Hello.

I have been checking this site for quite a while and thought it was time that I joined in. My shop sits on the highest point in Washington co Ohio, which is 20 min. north of the Ohio river. I have been a full time knife maker for ten years and enjoy the work a great deal.

Regards, Fred-----Bethel Ridge Forge

DSC00698.JPG

DSC00697.JPG

Edited by fred rowe

That`s a nice looking damascus blade. I like the guard. And it`s a nice sheath design. I like the fact that you can take the knife off the belt without needing to get it out of the sheath.

Welcome bro!!!!!

From one southern ohio boy to another, welcome.

Nice looking combo, real nice looking.

I'm new myself, love your work Fred, an lovely and practical combination you have there. You have me intrigued with the knife sheath design as I have never seen something like that before, very cool.

regards Jacko

That`s a nice looking damascus blade. I like the guard. And it`s a nice sheath design. I like the fact that you can take the knife off the belt without needing to get it out of the sheath.

Thank you! The forged blade is made from a feather pattern billet, forged here at the shop. The guard was forged from 1" wrought iron square stock, The gentleman who ordered the knife wanted to be able to slim down and carry the piece inside a coat, that is the reason for the removable loop and clasp.

Regards, Fred

Welcome bro!!!!!

Thank you my friend; working on the mobile grinder. It looks like it should work.

Fred

From one southern ohio boy to another, welcome.

Nice looking combo, real nice looking.

Thank you so much. We love it here in the hills. We've lived here since 1980. I've been everywhere but I love this area most of all. Besides the home brew is good.:cheers:

I'm new myself, love your work Fred, an lovely and practical combination you have there. You have me intrigued with the knife sheath design as I have never seen something like that before, very cool.

regards Jacko

Welcome to you, from a new guy. I like being the new guy I'm in my 60's so anything new is cool.:wavey: There are many knife makers and leather workers, down under, I ship there a lot and talk with folks regularly in Australia.

Happy that you like the piece. It has one distinction; I have never cut myself so many times making a knife. It was the top false edge which is anything but false.:oops:

Thanks for posting, Fred