bubbajdv

My First Pair Of Boots!

Ok, here is my first time to share with you great folks! I am big into skating, ice, roller, inline I love it all!

I am a big guy, 6'3" 280lbs and I need a sturdy shoe to support me. I was going to order custom boots

from a big skate co. until i heard the price, $700+ and I though well I need a good boot, then I researched

and found out they use a cardboard mid sole! I was not happy, that much money and crappy materials?

so I said I'll make my own. And thanks to a lot of people who helped me out, here is my creation! By the

way, my investment is just over $1600 on this pair inc. machines, but the next pair will only be around

$60 in materials! HAAHHA! I love this site!

Jonathan

post-16405-019994100 1286078472_thumb.jp

That's great, now you'll be too busy building skates to skate.

Kevin

I meant, those are great.

Kevin

Great job! I'd say you had tremendous help.

Will you show us when you get the skate part attached?

Just a tip, if you don't care to do a skant skive on the edges of your trim pieces,

you could just run a flame past the edges with a Bic lighter to remove the fuzz.

I hope you'll show us more in the future.

Thanks for the kind words, I made one boot by myself as a proof of concept to show myself I can

do it. Then I came up with the purple trim combo. People have been making shoes for hundreds of

years so I thought why not? I appreciate the tips and comments. Have fun, and I'll post the finished skates

soon.

Great job! I'd say you had tremendous help.

Will you show us when you get the skate part attached?

Just a tip, if you don't care to do a skant skive on the edges of your trim pieces,

you could just run a flame past the edges with a Bic lighter to remove the fuzz.

I hope you'll show us more in the future.

Ok, here is my first time to share with you great folks! I am big into skating, ice, roller, inline I love it all!

I am a big guy, 6'3" 280lbs and I need a sturdy shoe to support me. I was going to order custom boots

from a big skate co. until i heard the price, $700+ and I though well I need a good boot, then I researched

and found out they use a cardboard mid sole! I was not happy, that much money and crappy materials?

so I said I'll make my own. And thanks to a lot of people who helped me out, here is my creation! By the

way, my investment is just over $1600 on this pair inc. machines, but the next pair will only be around

$60 in materials! HAAHHA! I love this site!

Jonathan

Do you think you might want to "roll" that top edge at the ankle? The raw edge may wear pretty fast.

ferg

I have 2 pairs of commercially made boots that are the same way and they don't show any wear after 3 years. I thought about

rolling the edge but figured if it aint broke dont fix it?

Do you think you might want to "roll" that top edge at the ankle? The raw edge may wear pretty fast.

ferg

They Fit really good, a bit tight but that's what I was going for. I know an Orthopedic guy in Santa Fe, he sold me the lasts and measured my feet so all is well. Thanks for the reply!

Awesome job! How do they fit?

Ann