thewindycity42

A Number Of Firsts

So my friend asked if I could make her a quiver. A few hours of designing with her later, I got to it. I enjoyed the project because it held a number of opportunities to get out of my comfort zone. It was my first quiver, first gusseted pocket, first time ever lacing, and first time trying to figure out how to plug the end of a damn cylinder. Not thrilled with the results, but thoroughly enjoyable

Critiques welcome--especially if you have a suggestion on how to fix it :)

Specifications:

7-8oz veg tan body, 12 oz bottom cap, 4 spi stitching, Antique Saddle Tan Gel, Black Full Grain Pigskin Lining 1/8" Black Calf Lace

post-58057-0-31037400-1445802064_thumb.j

post-58057-0-08869700-1445802067_thumb.j

post-58057-0-29974400-1445802068_thumb.j

post-58057-0-38307300-1445802069_thumb.j

post-58057-0-41173700-1445802070_thumb.j

post-58057-0-51669500-1445802071_thumb.j

Edited by thewindycity42

Not bad!

Like the celto-tribal design!

What do you think needs fixing?

Suggestions from what I can see:

- longer strap on the pouch flap to stop it sliding back up through the loop

- lace along the side of the quiver to the very top, then a couple of passes from one side to the other to stop the top "lips" coming apart.

Remember that as a bit of functioning gear this will get knocked around, marked, pick up patina etc......

Remember to have a look at it after it has been used for a while to get an idea of where it is worn, what needs reinforcing and any simple repairs(bit of lace) - best way to figure out what works!

Cheers!

Edited by penguineer

That looks pretty cool never made a quiver and dont think I will, how hard was it to plug the bottom? As for what could be done with the pocket only thing I can say is that the tongue needs to be just a little longer, or you might be able to cheat it a little and put a sam brown button on it as well as the cross over strap to hold it in place.