Sonnie

Looking For An Old Tandy Pattern "western Classic Handbag"

Hello people!

I'm pretty new to leathercrafting, I started a few weeks ago, and I'm already loving it!

I saw a really beautiful bag on this forum made by TapTapTap named " Tandy Western Classic Handbag"

see this topic: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31499&st=0&p=196620&hl=+western%20+handbag&fromsearch=1entry196620

I would love to try make one like this myself, but I really need the pattern.

Can anyone tell me where a can find a copy of this pattern? (offcourse I'm willing to pay for it!)

I live in The Netherlands and here isn't much to find about leathercrafting :(

Some help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!!

Regards,

Sonja.

Sonja,

I don't know if this will help you out but I think the pattern in lower left corner of this photo is the bag you are looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tandy-Leather-Pattern-Pack-6033-00-Handbag-Craft-NWT-/160606217420

ferg

Hello people!

I'm pretty new to leathercrafting, I started a few weeks ago, and I'm already loving it!

I saw a really beautiful bag on this forum made by TapTapTap named " Tandy Western Classic Handbag"

see this topic: http://leatherworker...=1

I would love to try make one like this myself, but I really need the pattern.

Can anyone tell me where a can find a copy of this pattern? (offcourse I'm willing to pay for it!)

I live in The Netherlands and here isn't much to find about leathercrafting :(

Some help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!!

Regards,

Sonja.

Let me take a look in my files and see if I can be of assistance.

Ferg, thanks for your reply, but this is another bag i've bought this pattern earlier...

But not the same unfortunately!

King's X thanks in advance for your help! Very kind!

Sonja.

Ferg, thanks for your reply, but this is another bag i've bought this pattern earlier...

But not the same unfortunately!

King's X thanks in advance for your help! Very kind!

Sonja.

Take a look at page 11 of the current Tandy flyer online. The Revival Handbag kit appears to be what you are seeking. Or not? Similar...

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/eflyer/1106RT-USA/1106RT-USA.aspx

Hi Southtexas,

This also isn't the one I'm looking for.

The revival bag is thicker (depth) at the bottom and is bigger overall...

Thanks anyway!

Regards,

Sonja.

Apparently, I have all of them except this one. I would just send TapTapTap a personal message on here and see if he can help you directly. He won't bite..................at least I hope he will not.....just kidding!

Sorry and good luck!

Hi King's X,

That's a pity, thank you very much for looking anyway!

I already asked TapTapTap, but he doesn't have the pattern, he gave me the tip to ask my question on the forum, and I did :)

I still hope somebody can help me, I have patience and wait!

Regards,

Sonja.

I don't have the pattern you are looking for, but I have an old Mail Bag pattern from Tandy, circa 1974/75 time frame.

Hi Radar67,

Thanks for your reply!

Does this mail bag pattern looks a lot like the western classic?

Regards,

Sonja.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I had to find a reference picture of the western before I could answer that question. The mail bag is definitely different than the western. Have you checked ebay lately? There was a listing a few days ago that have the pattern included in with several others. It was on the high side at $99, but there may be a chance of finding one on there.

Sonnie,

I am going to send you two attachments, one with this post another with next post. Actual size front and back of the Western Classic Purse. These will be large files.

If you wish I can send them to your personal e-mail.

The gusset is 3.5" at the bottom and narrows to about 2" or a little more at the top.

I believe you could get enough info from this to make the purse.

ferg

Hi Radar67,

Thanks for your reply!

Does this mail bag pattern looks a lot like the western classic?

Regards,

Sonja.

Sonnie,

Second image.

westernclassicfront.pdf

westernclassicback.pdf

Tandy's new Leather Library site has this pattern set for $3.99. Be aware: there are 48 pages. Unfortunately they have included "Tiled" pages in among the very large pages in the .pdf. Sort out which you want to download before hitting the download button.

ferg

https://www.leatherc...andbag-kit.aspx

This says western classic II but it might be close?

Anyway, hope that helps

The tiled sections are to be printable on a home printer on 8.5x11 paper, then you supposedly can tape them together. The large pages are included so you can have them printed at staples or the like.

In any event, it was just a suggestion.

That's looks like the one I made not to long ago. Let me look and see if the pattern has the same name. I got a box of these old Tandy Patterns from a garage sale. Shame the bugs got to them and a lot has holes in them.

I've been searching tandy site for an hour for these pattern down loads I knew it was there but darned if i could find the purse patterns., sheesh I had to come here to search for a chance to find it. Thanks for the archive.

On an aside does anyone have the classic purse pattern ?

Tandy Handbag pattern pac # 6453

I'm looking for the "tourist"