Just off the bench. What do you think?

post-34726-0-85478900-1441118585_thumb.j

post-34726-0-84240800-1441118635_thumb.j

Edited by immiketoo

Purdy. You have just a tad of 'fuzz' on the edge of the green one, but since it looks like the inside is chrome (?) I'd say those edges are meticulously done. Since I basically can count the ridges in your fingerprints, I'm gonna say that piece of fuzz is very small.

That's the only cheap shot i can take at it ;) Looks GOOD.

Thank ya sir. Since I retired and moved to Greece, I am missing all my power tools so these are all done by hand. I miss my drill press :(

Drill press will work in Greece - ya jus gotta flip the cord upside down :rofl: Well, maybe a voltage regulator as well. My wife is an import from NZ, so I can tell you the NEW equipment is cheaper than shipping the old one!

Still, looks like your stamps have adapted well to the metric leather.

Edited by JLSleather

Well, The new power tools here are insanely expensive. I haven't decided which is cheaper just yet. Shipping or buying new. As for the leather, I'm using Herman Oak. Leather here is crap.

Awesome.

Aren't you going to France sometime soon? Stop by in Germany and buy your tools here. Power converter alone doesn't work as we are having a different Hertz frequency as well. Shipping within Europe isn't an issue. If you need help finding something, let me know Mike.

Thor, I am headed to France this much for the leather show. I should stop by. Been meaning to get to Munich for awhile now anyway.

Nice! Snazzy! I'm going to create similar...

Those are really nice. Like braiding until you try it I don't think folks appreciate what it takes to get stamping to look that good. Not only that but the use of colors like you have adds to the challenge.

Fine workmanship all the way around.

Very nice Mike. I like your coloring and the stamping design. I think people forget how creative one can be with just stamping. You did a nice job. SWEET!!

Well, The new power tools here are insanely expensive. I haven't decided which is cheaper just yet. Shipping or buying new. As for the leather, I'm using Herman Oak. Leather here is crap.

Can't help with the leather, but I can point you in the right direction for something that might be able to help with running power tools where you're at.

It's a Step Up/Down transformer able to deal with 50/60Hz compatibility and handles 5000W.

Here's 10,000W version...

I looked up lots of them, these were the two that looked like they might do what you need and had the best reviews. I suppose this only helps if you brought all your tools with you, though. No idea what shipping would be, so you might just need to start keeping an eye out for deal at "car boot sales" and what not.

Thanks everyone! Keenan, I have found a few of those here. Not too expensive either. Shipping my stuff will cost me 10k though. Cappy, stamping is lots of fun and you can make almost limited patterns. Just have to figure out how your tools fit together.

Hi Mike ;-)

I really like your work here, power tools or not. I do agree on the prices of tools here in some parts of Europe, simply to much.

I still have tools (Dremel) from the US i use here in SWE, a big converter and 'Bob's your uncle' ;-) I even used that converter on my sewing mashine before converted it properly in to 230V.

Thanks, Tina. My sewing machine has a euro spec motor but its still in the states. Who knows when it will arrive. I'll probably just build american outlets into my house after having the power rectified. It will likely be cheaper than replacing all of my stuff.

Beautiful work, the stamping with the color work is really nicely done. I think some people forget some of the things that can be done with basic tools. Jim