adams484

Looking For A New Acrylic Finish Please Share Your Thoughts And Save Me Some Money

Hi folks,

I have a about every dye available to man for dying leather. Yes I do. A ton of stuff I will never use again. So I thought before I change the acrylic I am using I would ask some of you here what you like and why you like it in acrylic finishes. I make holsters mostly and need the features that most acrylics offer.

I have used Fiebings then went to Eco Flo satin which I like but I noticed Angelus has a satin finish too. I usually buy in larger quantities so I wanted to see if any of you have used Angelus satin finish or have maybe found something you think is a better acrylic in a satin finish before I commit to something for the next 100 or so holsters. I have found that you need to work with something for a while to truly get the best from it.

Please post what you like about any acrylic product, the features that you find most appealing, and let's face it life is a trade off most of the time so mention what could be better with the product as well.

Your experiences would be very valuable to me and maybe some others.

Edited by adams484

I use all of Angelus finisher and I like'm alot :-). The ones mostly used is the Satin and the Matt finishers. I also have the old Tandy gloss at home but it only collect dust as I found it to shiny and easy to crack when dry.

I have the pint bottles and if I remeber right it also comes in quarts at Turtlefeathers.net.