Regis

A one-on-one day with a master leatherworker

First THANK YOU LUKE! :cheers:

I hope those of you in guilds or in areas where there are other leatherworker appreciate what you have.

I got to spend most of today with Luke Hatley. Here is one amazingly talented man with an "almost" unbelievable shop and willingness to share ideas, work, and conversation. We had planned to do a belt today and made great progress but, Luke does so many different things it is really hard to focus on one thing. Champion wrestling belt, hats, shoes, boxes, holsters, sheaths, belts, folders, wallets, billfolds, plus more books, sewing machines, 8 tracks, than I've seen in one place. I've never watched anyone else glue, or trim, or edge, or use a strap cutter, or sew, or stamp, or carve, or skive or,,,,but, today I did. I got to visit local Tandy with Luke and learn how to select leather for specific purposes (what to accept and reject). How to recognice a great strap cutter from a so so attempt.

A day with a pro is a real eye opener and treat and I wish that everyone here would experience a day like this. And for those of you that are around leatherworkers, expert or not, I hope you share time, have some laughs, and and thank them.

Regis

AW SHUCKS REGIS.... i DO ENJOY THE VISITS AND THE E-MAIL. I WAS TOLD A LONG TIME AGO

BY MY INSTRUCTOR IN SHOE REPAIR CLASS . "THAT IF ONE HAS A TALLENT , SHARE, BECAUSE ONE OF THESE

DAYS THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE ANYONE LEFT TO CARRY ON WHAT WE HAVE,"

AND I DO LIKE SHARING WITH LIKE MINDED FOLKS.

Oh, I feel a bit jeaolus! You're just so lucky. I'm all alone up here I think.

That Luke seems to be a quite nice guy, hats of for people like that!

Tom

Where do we sign up to visit?

Ed

I envy you, luke seems like a heck of a guy, who definitely knows his stuff.

thank you luke, for taking the time to do such a thing. not too many people out there go that far out of thier way.wtg!

Luke, what say we charter a big bus and we'll pick everyone up on the way, will this work for you....LOL

Great to have such wonderful and helping people here on this forum, we applaud you Luke, and are greatful you are here to share with us.

Ken

Luke, what say we charter a big bus and we'll pick everyone up on the way, will this work for you....LOL

Great to have such wonderful and helping people here on this forum, we applaud you Luke, and are greatful you are here to share with us.

Ken

Ohhhh, can I drive???? :crazy: