lottarope

Stain On Skirts From Sewing Machine Oil

When I was sewing the inskirt rigging to my skirts sewing lubricant from the top tension disk dripped onto the skirts and stained them. Twice (winse). The lubricant is Feibings Four Way as recommended by the machine maker it also looks like it may have gotten some hydraulic oil mixed into it as I had just oiled the machine.

Any ideas on how to remove or reduce it without screwing up the surrounding area?

or

Do I just leave it this is a rough out saddle I'm building on spec. If I do leave it what would be a reseanable discount for this mistake?

Do ya have a picture ? You maybe able to sand it out or enough for it not to be seen very easy or maybe just oil ever thing.

I would be willing to bet if you give it a week you will have a hard time finding it. Then like Dirtclod said, once you oil the saddle everything will even anyway.

Let it sit for awhile..It may just disappear..

Oil and finish it properly and your spots should blend with the rest of the color. If you really want to get the spots out, corn starch will absorb the oil. Leave it on several days then brush away excess.

Keith

Thanks Keith