scottishshoemaker

Wrist gaurds/Bracers

Hi just finished these last night, tooled design then dyed in dark roast coffe over night then dk brown polish over 2hrs slowly working in at different periods over two hours then 2 coats neatsfoot oil. These are for a mate and Jacobite.

tooling_008.jpg

post-8448-1237630519_thumb.jpg

Those look very cool! I like! However, one small suggestion... the presser guide from your sewing machine has left an impression in the leather. Maybe loosen a bit... Other than that, your mate will definitely like them!

Looking good SSM!!!

The angle to adapt for the widening of the arm seem about right from my experiences.

I recommend installing eyelets if you don't have it planned allready. It looks preffisional with stitching and that's my first reason to add eyelets. They look a bit unfinished without them.

Tooling is coming along for you and some more practice and you'll walk the beveler just fine.

Tom

Thanks guys, Troy yeah as soon as I started stitching I noticed the marks left by walking foot but it was too late to do anything. Keep forgeting how soft tooling leather is!

Tom I really don't like eyelets but that's maybe just me. My mate stipulated it had be as old looking as possible hence no eyelets. Yeah starting to enjoy the tooling now, everytime I pass the kitchen window the shed is just screaming at me to get in there and pound. Getting an extension built to house to make room for a bigger workshop, more room to make a clutter!!

Man, I think you are doing fine. Just work on not leaving tool marks with the beveler! Great Job.

Thanxs Wyvern means a lot..

tooling_013.jpg

post-8448-1237666292_thumb.jpg