Vincent17

Uk Leather Craftsmen/sample Maker

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me. I have designed a leather clutch bag (sketches) that I would like to be made into a sample and hopefully a small quantity (10,15) manufactured.

I wanted to know if anybody here from the UK would be able to help me? I have tried to look online for leather craftsmen but so far haven't had much look, and the few people I have managed to contact haven't been able to help.

If someone on here can help or knows anyone who can I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

If you're going to have a smaller number of items made after a prototype it's much better to have a small workshop that specialize in leather/ bag making to do it than a individual craftsperson, not to mention cost wise. Depending on where you're located some of this shops do require that you visit them due to communication and the fact that many are not present online. In East London around Hackney and Brick Lane there must be maybe hundred companies that makes leather goods, a lot of designer students here are using them so if you're near London I recommend visiting the area. There is one place called 'The little workshop' that specialize in small runs and well known among designers and students. But again you need to visit them.