Sign in to follow this  
sheathmaker

A little bit of carving on this one

I made this one some time ago for a customer who wanted the sheath to relect the engraving on the knife. This is what I saw and produced. The leather is, of course, my old stand by, Wickett&Craig in russet. The pebble grain around the flowers is from Bob Beard's pebble tool. Sewing done on my two Artisan machines.

Kerwin3-1.jpg

Paul

Looks like a pretty good match to me. Nice sheath.

I look forward to each and every seath you show off. You truly make art work. I have to get a sewing machine my fingers will never be able to produce such fine stitch work. Keep them coming I am a fan of your seaths. Just out of curiosity those knives you are making them for are fine art work as well. Where would a fella go to find such nice knives. The nicest knive I have is a kershaw. Those look far superior in craftsmanship and quality. Are they just for show or do people actually use them I would be scared to mark up such beauitful pieces.

I look forward to each and every seath you show off. You truly make art work. I have to get a sewing machine my fingers will never be able to produce such fine stitch work. Keep them coming I am a fan of your seaths. Just out of curiosity those knives you are making them for are fine art work as well. Where would a fella go to find such nice knives. The nicest knive I have is a kershaw. Those look far superior in craftsmanship and quality. Are they just for show or do people actually use them I would be scared to mark up such beauitful pieces.

I am fortunate to have a pretty large clientele of custom knife makers. The one in this latest post was done by Jerry Fisk, Master Smith, and he is currently in the high end strata of custom makers with everything he makes selling immediately. The better quality knives sell in the range of $1000 to $5000 and UP, and very few are ever put into service, although they certainly would perform to the highest standards if they were to be used. There are a few knife dedicated web sites such as Blade Forums, Knife Forums, The Knife Network, Usual Suspects Network etc. where you can read about the works of many fine custom makers and then you can by reference in the forums go to their indvidual web sites for more specifics on their particular works. My current roster of makers numbers about 29 or 30 so there are too many to list here.

Regarding the sewing machines, I could never produce the quality or volume of work without those two Artisans setting in my shop. In my personal experience they are not only a welcome luxury but they have paid for themselves many many times over and continue to do so. I would highly recommend you get machinery if your volume comes any where near justifying it. It is an investment in profit...not an expense.

I thank you for your comments on my work.

Paul

Paul ,

That is a stunning package! Hard to make a Fisk look bad aint it and you make it look even better .