Sign in to follow this  
Travis Fry

Flask/ My First Carving

This is my first attempt at carving anything leather-wise. I got into leather because I had to make sheaths for the custom knives I make, and it kinda escalated from there. I've got a great carved project in mind that I'll post as soon as I get done, but in the meantime, here is something to look at. I apologize if it is too large.

Leather-4.jpg

Basketweave is a tricky first attempt! You did real good as far as I can tell!

Looks awesome. Right now I'm just making gun holsters but would like to move into carving one day. Great motivation right there for me.

Beautiful first try at tooling! Great job.

Hats off to you, that is a fantastic first attempt at tooling. Having your basket weave line up in a straight line can be a real challenge, but you did a fine job.

It is the creation of knife sheaths that got me hooked into doing leather work years ago and ended up being my highest volume of sales. I had several custom knife makers here in Washington that I made sheaths for, and I must admit it is what I enjoyed the most. I would love to see some of your knives and sheaths. I will try to get around to posting some of mine soon too.

Keep it fun !