electrathon

Paul Zalesak (Sk3) Teaching In Portland Or

Paul Zalesak, creator of the SK3 swivel knife and master leather carver will be teaching in Portland OR July 18, 19, 20, 2013. He will be covering knife sharpening, swivel knife use and basic leather carving. The three day class will be hosted at and by Oregon Leather. Class size is limited. $300 for all three days, all materials included. Bring your tools (and a stool to sit on). To register contact Aaron Williams @ arw62@aol.com

There are still a couple seats open in the class. If interested please contact me.

Aaron

Hi Aaron - email sent, please add me if you still have openings.

Thanks

Chuck

I talked to Paul today and he sent me a couple pics of the work he is going to be teaching at the class. Paul is a master carver and has an amazing knowledge of swivel knives and sharpening. Contact me if you are interested in attending. Aaron

post-2349-0-39033700-1373247423_thumb.jp

post-2349-0-82063900-1373247441_thumb.jp

I'm "patiently" counting down the days until the class starts

Michael

I'm "patiently" counting down the days until the class starts

Michael

As time gets closer it gets harder to be patient though, LOL.

What are the times?

Chuck

What are the times?

Chuck

8:00 to 5:00 at Oregon Leather in Portland.

Are we going to have another issue with Sat being 10-5?

Horn

Michael, I got confused. Saturday was 2 hours shorted but in the morning, not in the afternoon. So Thursday and Friday are 8-5 Saturday is 10-5

O.K. Had me a little worried there. At least I can still get up late on Sat.

Very interesting day today. Went through Sharpening and tuning up our swivel knives. Went on from there to finger cuts and layout. Tomorrow we will be covering more on finger cuts and tap-offs. Good times.

Today is the final day of Paul being in Portland teaching. If you have the chance please stop in at Oregon Leather and say hello. Paul also has a supply of his famous SK3 swivel knives with him that are available for sale.

Great class with a hell of a nice guy! Thanks Paul for your knowledge and the knives! Learned a lot brother.

Thanks to Aaron for setting it up! Everybody was great.

Chuck

Edited by RiverCity

Paul is heading home this morning. We had a great class and a special thank you to Oregon leather for hosting us. I think everyone in the class learned a lot. If any other areas of the country is looking for a teacher to come in and teach at your guild/club I would highly recommend Paul. Just his knowledge of swivel knives, corrosion and sharpening are well worth the experience.

I want to post a follow up to this thread, I received a few questions. Historically Chan Geer has came to Portland annually. This year Chan will not be coming (hope to get him back next year) due to his busy teaching schedule. Chan will be teaching in Pendleton in October at the trade show and I encourage those who missed him here to attend his class there.

Paul a great teacher and hell of nice guy.

was a disappointment to not have Chan get to Portland this year but understand no time to fit it in.

Its always a good idea to take classes from various teachers so you can get as much information as possible.

Paul's class is one that I felt I needed due to not knowing how to use the swivel knife very well.

I will be signing up for Chan's class in pendleton this year.