Leatherimages

Resizing A Pair Of Pinched Roses

I recently completed a job for a customer who bought a pair of highly collectible Lisa Sorrell boots off of Ebay.

She wears an 8 and thought she could get away with the 9 that was offered.

It turned out the boots were a mens 9, which made them even bigger than she thought.

She had seen a job I'd posted of my process of a similar adjustment and contacted me.

The link below has the whole set up and a PDF of how I did what I did.

Please check it out and ask questions. :)

http://noazleatherwo...-pinched-roses/

Very nice :)

Thanks for sharing this Paul. I really enjoyed it. Boot making is something I know nothing about and I found the process fascinating! The outcome was amazing...especialy in that you were able to take a pair of men's boots and make them femnine. Beautiful job!

Bobby

Edited by hidepounder

You boot and shoe guys amaze me. That is just way too cool to be able to do that and come out looking just as nice. Congrats on a great job!

Thanks alot for your comments guys.

This is the third time I've done such an extensive job, and I am fully aware that I am risking failure each time.

What I haven't tried yet is making a boot bigger, more than just stretching. It seems like there ought to be a way, but again, it would be a risk.

I have a pair of size 10.5 Peanut Brittle Sea Turtle to try something on someday. My brother picked them up in a trade for me. I wear a 12, so I'll have to give it a go sometime.

Thanks again for your encouragement.