Sign in to follow this  
TZHunter

hardware for briefcases?

Hey, anyone know where to get hardware for briefcases? The one thing I haven't been able to find anywhere is the opening hinge for the old lawyer/doctor/pilot type of briefcase. I've attached one picture of one opened from the top. . . also need suppliers for other hardware for this type of briefcase. . .feet, corner protectors, closure hardware, hardware to attach handle to bag. Thanks for helping out this beginner. . .TZHunter

briefcase_pic.JPG

post-5129-1194120180_thumb.jpg

Regis,

Thanks for your response. . .I checked the link to Ohio Travel Bag. . .and I thank you lots, cause I've not found anyone with quite that diverse of inventory. They will be a big help for future orders for sure!

I think my description of what I was needing was not real accurate. I actually need the entire rectangular metal frame for the briefcase opening, as on the attached picture. In most of this type of briefcase, it is just like 2 pieces of thin flat-bar metal, bent and bradded together to make a hinge. I've assumed that someone sells these frames separately, rather than everyone making there own.

Still Looking. . . Thanks

briefcase.JPG

post-5129-1194178997_thumb.jpg

I found ohio through this forum and placed an order a few weeks ago.

It arrived quickly and is a great resource I'll use again!

Freddie