Srigs

Fun with Exotics from Side Guard Holsters (Srigs)

Well, I have been having some fun with exotics for my holsters and wanted to show a couple off.

I did one with alligator on the outside between the stitching lines of a normal The Slide for my PT140 Pro.

The other was an insert with red dyed rattle snake The Slide for my 66-1 2.5".

Let me know how you like them. :feedback:

exotics1.JPG

exotics2.JPG

aligator2.JPG

aligator4.JPG

rattle1.JPG

rattle2.JPG

rattle3.JPG

rattle4.JPG

rattle5.JPG

rattle6.JPG

rattle7.JPG

Nice looking holsters, I like the inlay gives it alot of contrast and looks really good.

How you like the PT140 pro, Ive got a PT145 pro that Ive had for about 3 yrs now (its my carry gun/ night stand buddie). Great cheaper gun.

Nice job on both!

The Rattle snake is not very durable to have a gun pushing on it I guess it is lined?, how did you handle the lining (what did you use?) and did your construction differ much with the inlay?

Again really nice work, I hope to get half as good at holsters as you and Jeff @ Boomstick! :cheers:

Rick J.

Really nice looking exotics. The rattlesnake has a nice contrast and that alligator adds a really neat accent.

Real nice work. I love them.

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Nicely done on both but I am partial to inlays and really like that one.I am presently doing a Glock holster and mag pouch inlayed in Croc. Fun stuff.Keep up the great work.Dave

Edited by DCKNIVES

Nice looking holsters, I like the inlay gives it alot of contrast and looks really good.

How you like the PT140 pro, Ive got a PT145 pro that Ive had for about 3 yrs now (its my carry gun/ night stand buddie). Great cheaper gun.

So far so good. It shoots well but have to get use to DA/SA again.

Nice job on both!

The Rattle snake is not very durable to have a gun pushing on it I guess it is lined?, how did you handle the lining (what did you use?) and did your construction differ much with the inlay?

Again really nice work, I hope to get half as good at holsters as you and Jeff @ Boomstick! :cheers:

Rick J.

Hi Rick,

The rattler is lined with 5 oz and outside is 5 oz also good heavy duty holster. The Inlay does require you to do things completely different due to the pre-dying the leather,then assembly, hot wet form, touch up the color and finish... instead of assembly, how wet form, then dye and finish.

Lots of practice and find out a way that works for you because we all do things slightly or very differently depending on our decisions and background.

They were real fun to do but took more time.