Sign in to follow this  
douglais

Viking Event , Open Invitation

For any of you Viking types, I'd like to invite you to an annual April event at Ravensborg, in Missouri. Ravensborg is a replica Viking hill fort, with a couple longhouses, and there is also a six oared dragon boat on site, on a small lake. Come for fighting, or feasting, or fun, and sleep in a longhouse. It's a living history experience open to anyone who is willing to do their serious best to look like a historical Viking. No other rules than that for participating. See links to website, and You tube. Let me know if you're interested.

Doug

"http://www.ravensborg.org"

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-WEal2j2VY"

wow that sounds cool. I wish I lived closer. I'll let my friends in the area know about it. (but they probably already do) wink.gif

Thanks, Barry. I looked at your website, and your leatherwork is beautiful. Those drinking vessels are large! I like how you sealed them with traditional methods.

Hope some of your friends can come. Sam and his wife are extremely hospitable, and they lay out fabulous traditional meals. You won't go hungry!

Daggrim

wow that sounds cool. I wish I lived closer. I'll let my friends in the area know about it. (but they probably already do) wink.gif

Thanks douglais! Those drinking vessels hold around 64floz. One is mine and the other one was commisioned. I already have another idea for one down the way. Saw something in a antiques auction that I want to play around with. It would work with the larger Kanthros style mugs! smile.gif

There is a Viking hill fort with Longhouses and Ship in USA? Really cool. Here in Germany we usual have to live in Tents when doing dark Age reenactment, there are not a lot of places, and when, it´s a museum and you can´t drive your film...

Aulus, nice to hear from the Old World. On the other hand, I've seen some pictures of some absolutely awesome looking reenactors in Germany. Their average level of clothing would be like the very best over here. I suppose it would be like Europeans doing an American Civil War encampment...a hundred details that would need to be learned online.

There is a Viking hill fort with Longhouses and Ship in USA? Really cool. Here in Germany we usual have to live in Tents when doing dark Age reenactment, there are not a lot of places, and when, it´s a museum and you can´t drive your film...