I got this leather on sale at Tandy a while back, because I loved the colour and the softness of it. Had no idea what I would do with it, but found a purse at Value Village with these handles so went from there. I used the old purse for a pattern but made it a little deeper and reinforced the bottom but had some huge issues when it came to attaching the handles. I still sometimes think of the leather as a fabric and expect it to do things it can't. Mostly I would have done better if I owned a bell skiver but that it way out of my budget and this leather is really soft so manual skiving wasn't a happening thing. Some mods had to be made on the fly and it is not my best stitching but it is usable and orange is supposed to be the in colour at the moment. lol

post-26880-0-62370800-1405631237_thumb.j

post-26880-0-42347800-1405631252_thumb.j

Looks lovely from here. Nice work.

It looks great to me!

Thanks so much. It gets a lot of compliments. My hubby says that I am my worst critic. I think that is in part because things never quite meet up with the mental vision of the project. But it is all a learning process so I am having fun with it and hopefully I don't make the same mistakes on the next projects :-)