Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick Riccards

Looking for the Ideal Briefcase

Guest Patrick Riccards

For more than a decade of searching for the "perfect" briefcase, I've now decided that I need to have one custom made for me, that meets exactly what I am looking for. Looking for the basic size, about 17 inches by 13 inches by 4-5 inches deep. One main compartment to hold everything (no gussets or dividers). To external pockets on front that can hold smaller items. Slash pocket on the back that can hold loose papers or newspaper. Shoulder strap of about 48 inches. The big catch is I do not want a flapover briefcase. I like to be able to get inside the bag when I am walking (particularly in airports). So I have tried some of those with flapovers and elaborate straps and such, but they just don't work for me. So I'd be looking for something that is either a zip top (with two handles) or an open-mouth top (with one handle). Prefer brown or cordovan colored leather (unless you have leather that is died orange, then you'll really have me). Am I asking for too much?

Our member "Hidepounder" will probably be a great start. I have seen one of his briefcases. If not "Bruce Johnson" would be another member you might want to try. He advertises at one of the banners above. Good luck

With just a few minor exceptions in detail, it almost sounds like you were describing one of esantoro's bags.

Here's a link to his website: Walden Bags Get in touch with him and tell him what you want in detail, and see if he can accommodate you. I think you'll like the construction methods he uses.

Edited by TwinOaks