Sign in to follow this  
Double U Leather

Fillagree Floral Legal Pad

Here's the newest item from the shop. As always, I learned some things I will do differently on the next one. I really like the way it turned out though, and the customer was thrilled with it. Take a look and let me know what you think. I'm always open to suggestions on how to get better also. Be blessed.

post-7660-001229200 1306413887_thumb.jpg

post-7660-099746000 1306413904_thumb.jpg

Really really nice. the blue inset colors look almost as if you cut the leather out completely and the cover is set on top of a blue ....something. I really like the way you did the edging for the spine cover to match the outside edges. looks very well done. Ummmm,, no inside pics?

Bob

Thanks Bob. It almost is actually cut out and laid on something blue. All of the background is cut out with a scalpel and then blue metallic leather is laid under it. I really need a better camera. It sure enough had some "pop" to it. As for inside pics, I pulled a bonehead and didn't take any of the insides. The customer said he was coming to pick it up, and I had barely got the edges buffed and shined. He kinda caught me off guard, and I was hustling to get pics taken and back out to the shop before he got here. Oh well....such is life.

Wayne,

You have got to change your name. That is as clean cut filigree work as I have ever seen. Really, really nice.

Terry

That looks fantastic! Once again you are inspiring me to work harder. The filigree work really makes the carving stand out.

Bob

Thanks for the compliments. Terry, I appreciate the fact that you think I should change my name, but I'm still a ways from being a master. Maybe I could call myself "Dead Cow Molester".....LOL. Bob, we're neighbors. I'm in Greeley. Maybe sometime we can get together and pick each others brains. Anyway, thanks for the compliments.