DonnieBlaze

tandy version of the tipman boss

does anyone have the old tandy version of the tippman boss hand sticher they are looking to sell CHEAP? i have had a few people asking about them and was wandering are there any out there for sail?

does anyone have the old tandy version of the tippman boss hand sticher they are looking to sell CHEAP? i have had a few people asking about them and was wandering are there any out there for sail?

I'm not sure that any ever made it to production, or were released to the public. After the big advertising fanfare, that fiasco died a quiet death. I was told there were some MAJOR copyright infringements. (And looking at the pics, anyone would say 'well, yeah, duh!').

That, and the Weaver version, which may have been one in the same, weren't shipped. For a while (like a little before the expected rollout), Tippmann drastically dropped the price on the Boss (below $1k if I remember correctly), and maybe TLF and Weaver, being the astute businesses that they are, realized that they couldn't compete selling their Chinese copy against the less expensive American original from a company that had already amortized all of the development and production costs of their product. It would have been a real problem for them later on as they would have to service the thing; how are they going to beat Tippmann service? And that is the point here, if you could find one, even for close to nothing, how would you get parts or service?

Art

I'm not sure that any ever made it to production, or were released to the public. After the big advertising fanfare, that fiasco died a quiet death. I was told there were some MAJOR copyright infringements. (And looking at the pics, anyone would say 'well, yeah, duh!').

to start with they were released for sale i saw them in my local tandy and from what i know the parts are interchangeabl with the tippmann as tipmann was the manufacuerer of the tandy machines i looked on the net and every thing i found all sead they were made by tippmann for tandy.

Tandy did originally sell the Tippmann Boss, for years they did it. We are talking of a machine that was supposed (according to Tandy ads) to have improvements over the Boss. I have seen (past tense) the Boss in Tandy stores and in their catalog, not anymore. I have never seen the newer and much hyped machine in a Tandy Store, this is not saying that some might have made it out there. But if Tippmann was making them for Tandy, why aren't they out there today?

Art

to start with they were released for sale i saw them in my local tandy and from what i know the parts are interchangeabl with the tippmann as tipmann was the manufacuerer of the tandy machines i looked on the net and every thing i found all sead they were made by tippmann for tandy.

Donnie,

What Tandy sold several years ago was just an ordinary Boss at that time, the original cast iron model. They had them pretty early on as far as Tippmanns even selling the Boss. There was nothing that was special for Tandy and they were not relabeled. This was before the Tandy store closures. At one time Tippmanns had several dealers. HideCrafters sold them too. They had all kinds of independent sellers as well, but they were the same machine and had the Tippmann label. After LF took over Tandy, they still sold the Tippmann aluminum models for a while.

What Art is referring to is a few years ago, Tandy had an ad campaign for the StitchMaster which looked all in the world from the pictures like a Boss and maybe was only slightly different (longer throat depth?). It might have made an annual catalog, but some print ads and flyers for sure. It was kind of a unique turquoise looking color. Weavers were touting a new machine they were developing that looked like a 440 top and Adler cyclinder arm or vice versa that was the same color. Someone might remember closer, but I think the reference was Weaver was having both machines developed. Tippmann was definitely not part of the deal on the StitchMaster.