Chief31794

Guitar Strap With Western Floral Carving

Don't get as much call for carving as I used to, I still like to do them and I still like em', guess I'm what the young folks call "old School".

Chief

post-6362-0-82435000-1435604363_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-66804900-1435604365_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-44809800-1435604367_thumb.jp

Hey chief that is really nice, can i ask, is that crease line died and if so did you do it with a brush, it might just be the photo that makes it look black i don't know.

Sir,

The whole job was dyed using Antique Gel, the gel fills in the grooves and leaves them very dark, it's the same as the carving.

Chief

Thank you for the reply my friend, it is a wonderful looking guitar strap, all the best.

That is a nice looking guitar strap. Great carving.

Chief as usual beautiful. I'm working on one right now. This 'young kid' put Italian leather on top of a 5 oz piece of lather, gonna inlay it with python, and then sew the bottom to it all. (I know I'm older than you, just don't do western floral although I like yours) I have a feeling I may have added so many design elements it's going to be a bit over the top :(

That is a nice looking guitar strap. Great carving.

Thanks Rohn,

Chief as usual beautiful. I'm working on one right now. This 'young kid' put Italian leather on top of a 5 oz piece of lather, gonna inlay it with python, and then sew the bottom to it all. (I know I'm older than you, just don't do western floral although I like yours) I have a feeling I may have added so many design elements it's going to be a bit over the top :(

Cheryl, I would have thought you'd be much younger than I, I was always told it isn't the age it's the mileage, and I've got a lot of miles accumulated in 65 years. I'm sure the strap you're making will be beautiful, they always are.

Chief

Edited by Chief31794

Aww, thanks Chief. I hope it doesn't end up gaudy. Cheryl

Chief...If you made something i didnt like i'd probably fall out of the chair. LOL

VERY NICE!!!! Ive gotta make my son one of these...Thinking a Christmas present.

Would you by chance share your floral carving pattern?

I like how its simple but yet elegant! A very clean design!

Aww, thanks Chief. I hope it doesn't end up gaudy. Cheryl

Cheryl, I'm sure it won't.

Nicely done! That is inspiring

Thank you,

Chief...If you made something i didnt like i'd probably fall out of the chair. LOL

VERY NICE!!!! Ive gotta make my son one of these...Thinking a Christmas present.

Would you by chance share your floral carving pattern?

I like how its simple but yet elegant! A very clean design!

Bruce, it is a craftaid, I have some drawn patterns and use some craftaids as well. This one is Tandy Item #76622-00. It has three sizes of belt patterns in this design and I use the 2" belt size. With a Creased Border, that makes it about the right size.

Chief