Bree

Great Light for my Toro 4000

I was over at Rockler Woodworking today and I found a terrific LED Gooseneck light for my Toro 4000 LA-25. The light has an 18" gooseneck and three 1" neodymium magnets on the base. It sticks to the machine like glue!! The 14 LEDs are bright and it allows me to direct light from the left front without interfering with my sewing operations. I attached mine to the very end of the cylinder arm and it works great!

It runs on 3 AAA batteries or an AC adapter. You can also attach it to an included clamp base to attach to non metallic surfaces. Rockler has a $20 off on $50 coupon so it only cost me about $34.

26429-02-500.jpg

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21263

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Bree

Great Idea. Thanks for posting.

Randy

Edited by Randyc

Artisan makes one for the machine. I just got mine last week. Plan on trying it out today. It's magnetic and attached to the bottom. It costs $19.90. Two sizes.

Art

http://www.artisansew.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=244

LDA.jpg

post-195-1227453981_thumb.jpg

Great find Bree!.....I'm headed there now to get some for my bench....I make shadows with my hands during some tooling operations and the larger lights get in my way....this is perfect! Thanks!ArtS....just saw your light...gotta have that too! (no wonder I can't show a profit!) Thanks!

I like the idea of getting the halogen lamp from Artisan and fitting it with an MR-11 Cree LED bulb. Haven't actually used this bulb yet, but am planning on it.

ed

I like the idea of getting the halogen lamp from Artisan and fitting it with an MR-11 Cree LED bulb. Haven't actually used this bulb yet, but am planning on it.

ed

This is the bulb I'm thinking about:

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index....p;productId=221

I'm not sure, though, about the transformer requirement, and if my MR 11 halogen lamp from Artisan will work.

Ed

Great find Bree!.....I'm headed there now to get some for my bench....I make shadows with my hands during some tooling operations and the larger lights get in my way....this is perfect! Thanks!ArtS....just saw your light...gotta have that too! (no wonder I can't show a profit!) Thanks!

The older ya get the more it is true that you just can't have too much light!!

The next time I do an Artisan order, I will also pick up one of their LED lights. I like the Rockler because I can reposition it at will.

The machine Artisan brought to demo at the IFoLG show had one of those lights, and it made quite a difference to me, even in the brightly lit vendor room. I am finding that the older I get, the more light I require to see clearly. Twenty years ago the light wouldn't have made much of an impression on me, but it made huge difference for me when they let me try out their machine. It really helps me to be able to see where I'm going, and between the light and the servo motor, I think I could sew anything on that machine comfortably.

Johanna

I also have those LED lights. The white light it puts out is great,but the only problem I've had is that with the oil that builds up above the needle the little magnetic strip fell off and eventually the wire broke free from its solder. A project for a later date is to resolder, though I'm really waiting for someone to come out with a CREE LED setup.

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index....p;productId=277

Ed

Edited by esantoro

Ed,

We are sorry to hear that about your LED Lamp - We will gladly replace it for you. Give me a call and it will be on its way!

Thanks

Dave

Ed,

We are sorry to hear that about your LED Lamp - We will gladly replace it for you. Give me a call and it will be on its way!

Thanks

Dave

Well, there goes some more of that Artisan customer service. These folks rock. Seriously.

Well, there goes some more of that Artisan customer service. These folks rock. Seriously.

Yep... the Artisan boys will do right by you. There's no doubt about that. They made me a believer.

Yep... the Artisan boys will do right by you. There's no doubt about that. They made me a believer.

I have to also agree. They're great!

Art

From my experience, nobody can match Artisans customer service.

I was just passing on my experience with a particular product. This is the second time I've done so on this forum and Artisan has replaced an item on their own accord, without my even requesting it. That's incredible customer service that exists in very few places today.

The LED light that came today has stronger magnetic holders that do a much better job of keeping the LED light and wire in place.

Being from Southern California, I can't wait to get back out there and pay Artisan a visit, especially since that 20" splitter is daily becoming needed more and more.

Thanks, Dave, Steve, and all the folks and Artisan.

Ed